Position: Clinical Intern
Organization Type: Non-profit, Faith-based
Position Type: Unpaid Internship
Department: Clinical / Youth Services
Direct Report: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Hours: Variable (300 Hrs/Summer Internship)
Locations (Multiple Locations to include but not limited to):
Ascent 121 Office
1035 North Olney Street
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Lutherwood Treatment Center
1625 N. Ritter Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46218
Travel: Workday travel within the Indianapolis metro area. No overnights.
Position Summary: Ascent 121 provides clinical services to victims of commercial sexual exploitation and youth who are at risk of such. Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, Ascent 121 therapists will provide therapeutic services to clients in home-based, office-based, and residential settings. Additional support services will also be included.
Position Duties: The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform diagnostic assessments to determine client risks, needs and strengths (including family and community supports), collecting diagnostic information, and recommending immediate treatment plans for clients.
- Provide direct, intensive counseling to individuals, families and/or groups identified as being high risk for runaway, sexual exploitation and/or trafficking.
- Practice as an interdependent member of a health team and provide important components of primary health care through direct social work services, consultation, collaboration, referral, teaching, and advocacy.
- Assess and treat outpatients in individual, group, couples, and family modalities exercising mature professional judgment and using a wide range of social work skills to include individual and family counseling to assist patients and their families in dealing with trauma.
- Education and training to become familiar with domestic minor trafficking
- Write and submit one Grant Proposal
- Work at least one fundraising event per semester
- Attend at least one Board Meeting per semester
- Host at least one awareness event
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet with Chief Operating Officer and/or the supervising psychologist on a weekly basis to review cases.
- Attend IMPACT Program staff meetings on a weekly basis
- Maintain records according to Ascent 121 policies and state accreditation standards.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- At least two professional, educational or personal references that attest to the person’s capability of performing the duties of the position and to the person’s suitability of working with or around children and vulnerable populations.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record are essential to fulfilling the job responsibilities.
- A high level of analytical skill is required. Candidate must be able to speak and write clearly. Writing sample will be required during the interview process.
- Basic computer skills; proficiency with: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Provide laptop with Microsoft Office Suite for your use in preparing reports, or use computers in the Ascent 121 Office.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with a wide variety of clients and professionals and have knowledge of community social service resources.
- Never have been shown by credible evidence (e.g., a court or jury, a department investigation, or other reliable evidence) to have abused, neglected, sexually exploited, or deprived a child or adult or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by an oral or written statement to this effect obtained at the time of application and evidence of having made efforts to obtain and evaluate references from previous employers.
- Satisfactory preliminary criminal history background check and a satisfactory fingerprint records check determination as required by law.