Many churches throughout Indiana are engaging in the fight against human trafficking. We are grateful for your interest and would love for you to partner with us. Ascent 121 has a Church Partnership program in place that will equip, empower and engage your congregation. For more information on partnerships, email Megan McGuire.
There are many ways for volunteers to engage with the Ascent 121. We will provide training and resources so that you feel fully equipped. In effort to accommodate your availability and interests, our volunteer opportunities fall in two categories:
1. Broaden Awareness
- Host a movie screening and invite the community
- Host a Human Trafficking 101 educational event
- Promote trafficking prevention by teaching one of our training series to youth and parents
- Offer a bible study or devotional or prayer team
- Offer a book club or discussion group featuring a recommended anti-trafficking resource
2. Serve The Ascent 121 Organization
Some volunteers are passionate for the cause but prefer to serve behind the scenes:
- Marketing: social media, blogging, graphic design
- Business teams: clerical, legal, accounting, development
- Governance: board members and committee leadership
- Events: plan, staff and host fundraising and awareness events
Where do you start? Complete the Count Me In form and we will follow up with you shortly.
Note: due to the complexity of the trauma that the survivors have experienced and to protect their privacy, we do not have volunteers work directly with the girls.